Subject: Re: Machine Status of Quadra 840AV
To: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
From: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/08/1997 18:26:25
On Wed, 8 Oct 1997, Henry B. Hotz wrote:
> You've obviously checked more than I have.  MRZ said the kernel memory map
> didn't include the full I/O space on the 840 in a recient post.  I may have
> drawn an improper conclusion, but let's ask him directly:

Yeah, it probably doesn't... when I put in values for the AV machines, I
was just following the lead of the other machines, where IOBase started
with VIA1. I agree that onboard video support isn't as good as it could be
(color would be nice, for example, as well as support for changing bit
depth/resolution within NetBSD, instead of having to use the Monitors
control panel, detection of how much VRAM is present, a bunch of other
stuff), but AFAIK, monochrome mode is "fully" supported. But that's the
state of video support on most other machines too...

Michael, if you come up with anything you'd like tested on an AV, I'd be
glad to help out... I've got a Centris 660av and can build kernels and
stuff....
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 21 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++