Subject: Re: Machine Status of Quadra 840AV
To: Henry B. Hotz <Henry.B.Hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/08/1997 16:00:48
At 5:24 PM 10/8/97, Dave Huang wrote:
>On Wed, 8 Oct 1997, Henry B. Hotz wrote:
>> Onboard Video--partially supported (Michael Zucca seems to have doubts.  I
>
>Why the doubts? As far as I know, onboard video works just peachy in 1-bit
>mode. I can/have run X and dt in 640x480, 800x600, and 1024x768. I haven't
>tried recently, but last I checked, the console worked in 1, 8, and 16
>bit modes. Probably would've worked in 4 bit mode too.

You've obviously checked more than I have.  MRZ said the kernel memory map
didn't include the full I/O space on the 840 in a recient post.  I may have
drawn an improper conclusion, but let's ask him directly:

Michael,
        Is there anything fishy about internal video support for the 840av?
Is there any information or cross-checking you would like us to do?