Subject: Re: MRG_ADB option (Classic II stuff again)
To: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
From: Brad Salai <bsalai@servtech.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/08/1997 18:05:41
Not really the same question, but I recently tried to boot my SE/30 running
1.2.1 without the keyboard/mouse attached. It hung at the adb probe stage.
Is there any reason why this has to work this way. I would like to run the
SE/30 without the keyboard since it is never really needed.

Brad

At 1:22 PM -0700 10/8/97, Colin Wood wrote:
>Eric R. C. Holcomb wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I was just looking at the GENERIC kernel config file (from the
>> NetBSD-current tarball) and noticed that the MRG_ADB option is set.  Does
>> this mean that the MRG_ADB code just isn't in the build system and so this
>> option isn't being picked up?
>
>I think you've got it backwards.  If MRG_ADB is set, this means that the
>older MRG-based ADB code is being used.  The newer HWDIRECT code will only
>be used if you remove (or comment out) the MRG_ADB option.
>
>> Yup, still hoping to get the old Classic II running on internal video...
>
>I kinda doubt that ADB is your problem, unless it boots and hangs during
>ADB initialization for you.  In all likelihood, this is an internal video
>memory mapping problem instead.
>
>I hope this helps some.
>
>Later.
>
>--
>Colin Wood                                 cwood@ichips.intel.com
>Component Design Engineer - MD6                 Intel Corporation
>I speak only on my own behalf, not for my employer.

Stephen B. Salai                            Phone (716) 325-5553
Cumpston & Shaw                             Fax    (716) 262-3906
Two State Street                            email bsalai@tmonline.com
Rochester, NY 14614