Subject: Re: MRG_ADB option (Classic II stuff again)
To: Eric R. C. Holcomb <erich@wrq.com>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/08/1997 13:22:40
Eric R. C. Holcomb wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I was just looking at the GENERIC kernel config file (from the
> NetBSD-current tarball) and noticed that the MRG_ADB option is set.  Does
> this mean that the MRG_ADB code just isn't in the build system and so this
> option isn't being picked up?

I think you've got it backwards.  If MRG_ADB is set, this means that the
older MRG-based ADB code is being used.  The newer HWDIRECT code will only
be used if you remove (or comment out) the MRG_ADB option.

> Yup, still hoping to get the old Classic II running on internal video...

I kinda doubt that ADB is your problem, unless it boots and hangs during
ADB initialization for you.  In all likelihood, this is an internal video
memory mapping problem instead.

I hope this helps some.

Later.