Subject: new esp driver?
To: None <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu, port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Brian Wildasinn <bwildasi@csulb.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/08/1997 02:24:37
Hi!
I'm trying to build a new kernel, i've got the latest netbsd snapshot
(970927?) and sys.tar file, and X11R6.3. All the "make depend"  stuff
completes its thing, but when i go to "make all" the computer eventually
bails out of Xwindows into a white screen, scrolling an endless
loop--something about the esp() driver needing a reboot or something.

Does anyone know which of the current snapshots will compile a new
netbsd kernel on a Q700? The hard drive is a Seagate 1gig, access as
root, which has been flawless in compiling scads of Gnu src files.

By the way, i've tried compiling gnustep stuff, but apparently gcc-2.7.2
doesn't have the patches applied that gcc-2.7.1 has as src files on the
Gnustep web sites. Will i have to get their gcc src files and do a
compiler compile from scratch for gcc?

Any help is appreciated!
sincerely ...brian wildasinn
bwildasi@csulb.edu