Subject: Re: Booting a new Mac
To: Michael R Zucca <mrz5149@cs.rit.edu>
From: Christopher R. Bowman <crb@Glue.umd.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/07/1997 05:43:16
On Tue, 7 Oct 1997, Michael R Zucca wrote:

> > I have had a similar experience with a Quadra 660av.  I have not as yet
> > had time to swap my asante ethernet card back into my IIci to verify
> > that the board hasn't gone bad, but I have had my machine stop just
> > after the enet card identification.  I have also not as yet had an
> > oportunity to examin etht source so as to find the precise location of
> > stoppage, but I have a feeling that it is going to be related to
> > turning on nubus interrupts.
>
> Well, Allen brought up a good point in private e-mail. We may not be
> handling clearing video interrupts properly on the AV's. Luckily
> some info I have might remedy this problem and I've shared it
> it Allen.

Seems unlikely to me, video works fine with or without the card inserted.
I would tend to believe that when the card is recognized in the auto
config, we do somehting to turn on interrupts, and we hang as a result
this, but as I said I haven't had time to dive into the code.
(we are talking about internal video not a plug in video card.)

---------
Christopher R. Bowman
crb@Glue.umd.edu
My home page