Subject: Re: Booting a new Mac
To: Henry B. Hotz <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Bob Nestor <rnestor@metronet.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/06/1997 20:14:31
Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov> wrote:

>Using mkfs 1.45 the dialog boxes sometimes covered up messages I wanted to
>read in the console window.  We all know you shouldn't mix the two
>interface styles, and dialog boxes shouldn't be modal, etc., but could we
>just make the dialog boxes movable so you can uncover and read what's in
>the console window?

*laughing*  Well, we may all know these things shouldn't be done, but
some of us don't know how to fix them.  Since the sources are available
on ftp.netbsd.org and puma.macbsd.com anyone with the time and knowledge
is free to jump in and work on them.

Oh,  I'll take credit for many of the bugs in the Mkfs code, but the
dialog boxes and interfaces were all pretty much part of the program
before I mucked with it.  However I was inspired by the original code for
any of the new stuff I did add.  And as I recall the original author even
put in a comment that reads "this isn't normally the way I code, but
...".  I figured he knew what he was talking about. ;-)

-bob