Subject: Re: X on Quadra 630
To: Sheldon Simms <sheldon@atlcom.net>
From: Mark Andres <mark@ratbert.aisol.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/06/1997 09:25:51
Hi,

This is very strange because I am sitting here with a Centris 650 running
X in monochrome right now.  I did not do anything special to get it to
work.  I installed -current snapshot from 2/14/97 and it just worked.
Sometime in May, I upgraded to a more recent snapshot to take advantage of
the Sonic ethernet driver.  But X has always worked for me "out of the
box."  If I do a uname, it tells me I am running NetBSD 1.2E.

Mark

On Sun, 5 Oct 1997, Sheldon Simms wrote:

> I first reported months ago that my Centris 650/internal video could not
> run X or dt with these exact symptoms. I have the /dev/grf0 and /dev/grf1
> devices, but neither ite or grf is ever initialized in the boot process
> (by which I mean no message about them ever appears). The console works
> fine, however, apart from the fact that the console terminal emulation
> is completely broken in the standard distribution.
>
> My solution was to take the easy way out and just fix the terminal
> emulation in ite.c and use the console, rather than trying to solve the
> problem of ite and grf not being set up properly.

Mark Andres                  E-mail: mark@ratbert.aisol.net
          Running NetBSD, 100% Microsoft Free!
Me: /www2.giganet.net/~mark/ NetBSD: /bullwinkle.aisol.net/