Subject: Re: X on Quadra 630
To: SamMaEl <rimsky@teleport.com>
From: Michael R Zucca <mrz5149@cs.rit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/05/1997 11:06:41
> 	I've been playing with X for awhile and still have not gotten it
> to recognize my monitor... it gives the 'Can't run X without any screens!'
> error and dies. I saw on the supported machines list that 1bit video IS
> supported on the Q630.... but is that internal video, or will I need a

Well, if you're booting with your console on internal video then there's
no reason why X can't run on internal video. However, if it says
Can't run X without any screens it either means you haven't built all
the grf devices (you need /dev/grf0 and /dev/grf1) or there's a
slight kernel bug and the grf driver is not reporting the screen
base correctly. THe first problem you can fix yourself by checking
and making the grf device nodes. The other one obviously requires some
kernel hacking.