Subject: X on Quadra 630
From: SamMaEl <rimsky@teleport.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/04/1997 17:35:28
	I've been playing with X for awhile and still have not gotten it
to recognize my monitor... it gives the 'Can't run X without any screens!'
error and dies. I saw on the supported machines list that 1bit video IS
supported on the Q630.... but is that internal video, or will I need a
video card to run X now? I have a 15" apple multiscan monitor running on
internal video. I've not tried it with a different resolution..... I've
only tried 832 x 624... maybe 640 x 480 might work? If I can do anything
to help get my machine supported I'd be glad to... I want my X windows
back! ;-)

	Also, I am running stand-alone... I'm not currently on a network
at all, but I keep having problems with my hostname and defaultdomain.
Sendmail and pine keep complaining about my hostname being unqualified. My
hostname is brahms, and my defaultdomain is brahms.my.net.... I added an
entry for brahms in /etc/hosts and sendmail keeps whining at bootup.
Should I change my hostname to brahms.my.net too?

	- Ryan

-----
My name is rewt... you have SIGKILLed my father... prepare to vi!