Subject: Re: Need really big help
To: matador <matador@generation.net>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/04/1997 12:27:17
> Ok hi I have a lc2 8mgs ram 250mgs of HD space. Iwanted to know if i'm
> doing anything wrong and tell me step by step process ok first I opened
> silverlining and partitioned my drive  root&usr 0 (100mgs) swap (50) and
> 100mac part then it said after u install the part do {newfs
> /dev/rdsk/c5d0s0} then I runned mkfs_1.4 and chose the drive blah blah.
> Then when I was finished with that I clicked on NetBSD/Mac Install Utility
> 1.1 and I clicked on Build Device it copied bunch of directories to my unix
> partition then chose mini shell but didn't know what to right because it
> didn't say no information in the install so I didn't mount anything. Nxt I
> installed netbsd121,man121,games121,comp121,etc121,base121,text121. It took
> around 5 hours to copy then I runned NetBSD/Mac68k Booter I chose the n#6
> that was where my partition was then I press boot and all of the sudden my
> screen turns all white and I see something about ram=000 stuff like that
> and I see
> Panic:cannot work with the current mem mappings
> stoped at - debugger+0x6 unik aB
> db>
>
>    and it was jammed
>
> what I think I did wrong is the mounting if u see anything more I did wrong
> could u please tell me what to do and how to mount my drive tnx I really
> appreciate this

Are you using RAMDoubler or VM? The cannot work with the current mem mappings
sounds like such an error.

What instructions told you to newfs dev/rdsk/c5d0s0? That's not a NetBSD-
style disk name.

Take care,

Bill

P.S. Please separate your paragraphs. It makes the messages easier to
read. Also, the past tense of run is "ran" not "runned".