Subject: Re: Q950 status report: HWDIRECT.356
To: Jonathan Lennox <lennox@cs.columbia.edu>
From: John P. Wittkoski <jpw@netscape.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/03/1997 12:38:27
Jonathan Lennox wrote:

> Important/interesting observations:
> * ADB - the HWDIRECT code seems to think that the Quadra 950 has
>   IIsi-class ADB.  It does not; it has IOP-class (IIfx-class) ADB.  Despite
>   this misapprehension, though, the boot process survives the ADB
>   initializion stage, which is really somewhat impressive, especially
>   compared to the hangs earlier versions of this code manifested there.

The reason it's marked as IIsi version is that I wasn't sure exactly
what it had from the spaecs I had. I didn't disable it because I
remember hearing that some of the things that used IOP (like serial, I
think) could be accessed directly also. Maybe they use the Cuda stuff
for direct instead.

Or maybe I'll just disable ADB on the IIfx/Q900/Q950 for now, until
Allen gets word from Apple on the IOP specs.

	--John