Subject: Quadra folks and SONIC users
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.macbsd.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/02/1997 00:49:03
OK...  I'm looking for Quadra folks to test out a kernel that should do
faster SCSI for everyone but the folks with AV macs.  Specifically, I
think that this will work now on the 610/605/LC475/800.  It works on the
Centris 650 and should work on the Quadra as well.  I am quite curious
as to whether it will work on the C/Q630 or other 040-based macs that
use the esp driver.  I would also appreciate it if a couple of Q700
owners could test it, too, since my Q700 is out of commission until
the new power supply comes in.

Also, Bob Nestor found some problems with the SONIC code.  His card was
no longer working.  I would appreciate it if folks with SONIC-based
NuBus cards could try this kernel out, too.

The kernel is:
	ftp://ftp.macbsd.com/pub/outgoing/briggs/netbsd-971002.gz

Oh!  This is compiled with the ncrscsi driver, not sbc, and it does
have MRG_ADB set (it's GENERIC, with code changes).

Please let me know if it works for you (or if I need to compile with
sbc or without MRG_ADB for folks to test)...

Cheers,
-allen

--
              Allen Briggs - end killing - briggs@macbsd.com