Subject: Re: DaynaPORT E/II(St.)
To: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.macbsd.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/24/1997 10:02:18
> Creating a /dev/ae0 won't help.  If the kernel's autoconfig process says
> that the device is not configured, there's nothing you can do to make it
> work, short of writing/updating the driver to recognize the card.
>
> I'm kinda surprised, though, since your chip's number looks like it should
> be supportable by the current driver.  :(

The chip is supported, but the card itself is not a known quantity.  The
manufacturers made a few choices that we need to determine.  Where did
they put the 83902's registers?  Where did they put the ethernet ID
PROM?  Where is the base of the RAM on the card?  Some cards are the
same as others.  Once those questions are answered, the code can be
added to if_ae_nubus.c and the card will be "supported."

Does the card work with the default Apple drivers in MacOS, or did you
need to load a special driver to get it to work?

-allen

--
              Allen Briggs - end killing - briggs@macbsd.com