Subject: Re: GhostScript
To: None <ADAMGOOD@delphi.com>
From: Mark Andres <mark@ratbert.aisol.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/21/1997 01:19:27
Hi,

I have a Stylewriter II using the driver that you are using and the same
version of gs that you are using.  Since you cannot get anything with
ghostview either, my guess is a gs problem.

Did you set the GS_FONTPATH and GS_LIB environment variables?  At first, I
forgot to set them and had problems similar to what you are experiencing.
here is what I have in my .cshrc:

  setenv GS_FONTPATH /usr/local/lib/ghostscript/fonts
  setenv GS_LIB /usr/local/lib/ghostscript/data

Hope this is it.

Mark

On Sat, 20 Sep 1997 ADAMGOOD@delphi.com wrote:

> Hi Again,
>
> As an adjunct to my previous post, I think I might be doing something
> wrong with GhostScript, but I have no idea what that might be.  When
> I try to get it to display a file under X, it just prints a blank
> screen (kind of like my blank piece of paper from my StyleWriter.
> Hmmm . . .).
>
> I've tried messing with all the command line options (i.e. setting
> (x11) setdevice, or whatever), but I still get the blank output.  I'm
> running this on a monochrome X server on the PB160, but I don't think
> that has anything to do with it.  Then again, what do I know?  Does
> anyone have insight on this one?

Mark Andres                  E-mail: mark@ratbert.aisol.net
          Running NetBSD, 100% Microsoft Free!
Me: /www2.giganet.net/~mark/ NetBSD: /bullwinkle.aisol.net/