Subject: Re: X stuff
To: Adrian Rollett <acrollet+@andrew.cmu.edu>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/16/1997 10:44:16
Adrian Rollett wrote:

> I am having a funny problem getting color X running on my IIci - the lkm
> on GENERIC#38 does not seem to work for me, but I grabbed the new SLOTMAN
> kernel, and mono X works just fine - However, when I try to run the 960503
> kernel, it gets to the point of turning the screen grey (true grey, not
> mono) and then dies, saying "could not load default font path
> 'xxxxx/100dpi, xxxxx/75dpi, etc. (where xxxxx is a good path to those
> dirs)' The server then dies, saying it quit because it couldn't find
> default font fixed. (calls it a fatal error)

Which X server are you using?  Which X distribution?  I'm pretty sure that
they need to be in sync with each other...

As for the LKM not working...there was a change in 1 variable (it went
from normal to static) in 1 file that seems to have broken the normal LKM.
If you check the list archives, I posted a bunch of patches which should
allow you to compile the LKM with -current code.

Later.