Subject: Re: Video working on AV's?
To: Michael R Zucca <mrz5149@cs.rit.edu>
From: None <nigel@ind.tansu.com.au>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/05/1997 15:46:16

> Has anybody gotten B&W video to work on Quadra AV's?
>
> I was test booting on a Q840AV yesterday with a -current kernel and it
> booted up, made a horrible screech,

	Aah. That is a problem unique to AV macs. Zap the PRAM, and the
screech should go away, and the boot should continue.

> The reason I ask is that I was hacking on the AV's to figure out more
> of their video and I wanted to know if I can even boot a test kernel
> on them.

	I haven't tried a current kernel in months, but if you can't get
it to work, mail me, and I will send you an older kernel.

--
| Nigel Pearson, nigel@ind.tansu.com.au |"People say I'm strange, does it  |
|  Telstra IN Platforms, Sydney, Aust.  | make me a stranger?              |