Subject: Again with the xntpd
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mark Andres <mark@ratbert.aisol.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/02/1997 10:49:50
Hi,

Since I was out of the country (for me Japan) for a few days, I took the
opportunity to take another crack at using xntpd.  I used the
/etc/ntp.conf as recommended by Paul Goyette in an earlier discussion.  I
tried running it for 5 days using

  xntpd -b

Previous running it without the -b switch had been competely unsuccessful.
My Centris 650 loses about 15 minutes day.  Previously, running xntpd had
made no difference.  Running xntpd -b, I was able to cut the time loss to
10 minutes a day instead, but I am still losing time.

So for now, I am back to running ntpdate from cron.

Mark Andres                  E-mail: mark@ratbert.aisol.net
          Running NetBSD, 100% Microsoft Free!
Me: /www2.giganet.net/~mark/ NetBSD: /bullwinkle.aisol.net/