Subject: Re: Hehe... IIci problems now ;-)
To: None <rimsky@teleport.com>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/31/1997 22:40:15
SamMaEl wrote:

I don't think that anyone has replied to this one yet, (hard to tell, you
don't read your email in 2 days and you get 80 messages about SPAM ;-) so
here it goes...

> 	Well, I sold the IIsi and now am trying to get my IIci to run BSD
> with my ethernet card. I had problems with it when I first installed 1.2.1
> and ended up just taking it out of the machine.
>
> 	Here is what I get when I boot:
>
> <Gets up to the drive initializing fine...>
> nubus0 at mainbus0
> macvid0 at nubus0: Radius PrecisionColor 24Xp /* the card that WORKS! */
> macvid0: 832 x 624, monochrome /* booted in black and white */
> grf0 at macvid0
> ae0 at nubus0: address 00:00:94:03:a8:ca, type MacCon Ethernet, 16k mem.
>
> 	I do remember that the boot never used to get this far. I think I
> had the cards in different slots, and instead of just hanging, it scrolled
> the screen with another error about slot 2. (I don't remember the exact
> error, but I remember Scott R. telling me that it was a problem with
> whatever was in slot 2)

Sounds to me like your problem is an interrupt conflict between your video
card and your ethernet card.  If switching slots doesn't help, try running
off of internal video, if that's possible.  It may be that if you take a
look at the video-interrupt howto on puma, you'll be able to help someone
fix the problems with this card (http://www.macbsd.com/macbsd/howto/)

I hope this helps some.

Later.