Subject: Re: NetBSD version 1.2.1 download from the internet.
To: Jason Laws <JLAWS@clear.co.nz>
From: Casey Bisson <n_bisson@oz.plymouth.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/31/1997 23:49:35
Jason Laws wrote:
> I have installed NetBDS on an old Mac LCII and believe I have followed
> the instructions correctly.   It doesn't work!   What have I done
> wrong??   The following describes my machine, what I have done and the
> screen from boot time
[stuff cut]

> Can you please help me with this.   'mrg: setup_egret: done.' was the
> last line of output I received.
>
> Jason Laws

I think the answer you'd receive from some of the more experienced
members of the list is:
The NetBSD 1.2.1 feature-set was completed without support for the LC
series. Support was added soon after, so check out the -current kernels
and keep trying.

An LCII, however, may not give very satisfying performance, as it is a
16mhz machine using only half of its bus-width (16bits).

Good luck,

Casey Bisson
n3506886