Subject: Re: error while compiling kernel
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.macbsd.com>
From: Armen Babikyan <armenb@moof.ai.mit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/31/1997 19:31:23
>> i just tossed KTRACE. something with a K in it, anyway :-)
>
>Heh.  I meant to try compiling with -O instead of -O2 or without any -O
>option at all.

i get both as "unrecognized options" and they pop up frequently (on for
each cc -c file.c)

would it be okay if i grabbed the command line "cc -WHATEVER -c
kern_synch.c" and have someone else send me back the *.o? :-)
i also assuming this problem won't show up with other files in the compilation.

>> how long do compiles usually last? that previous compile was done during
>> the nighttime, so i have no time figure. does it take 45 minutes? 2 hours?
>
>If my Q700 isn't doing anything else, a kernel compile takes between 1
>and 2 hours, I think--I'm usually doing something while it compiles,
>though, and I haven't timed a kernel compile in a long time.  It very
>much depends on what machine you have, which options you choose, and how
>fast your disk subsystem is (not very fast ;-).

cool. i'm probably looking at 3 or 4 hours then :-)

thanks,

  - a

 Armen Babikyan - armenb@moof.ai.mit.edu
    ----<insert lame quote here>----