Subject: Re: bad system call revisited
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael G. Schabert <mikeride@prez.buf.servtech.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/31/1997 18:18:54

>> >This is happening in the very early stages of /etc/rc.  If multi-user boot
>> >ever dumps you out like this, you can do the fsck by hand, then exit from
>> >single-user and it should go ahead and boot multi-user.
>>
>> Unfortunately, fsck isn't finding anything. fsck -p just tells me the
>> system's marked clean. fsck -f just gives me the stats, which means I
>> should be good to go.
>
>So fsck -p is happy from the command line, and fsck -f / is happy also?
>
>How did you upgrade? Did you use the --unlink tar option? I've had
>screwy install problems when I didn't use it. Or did you use the installer?

Hi Guys,
OK, now I feel quite foolish. I missed the subtle difference when people
mentioned fsck -p / being required. Thanks to Nico van Eikema Hommes
<hommes@derioc1.organik.uni-erlangen.de> for explicitly telling me that I
have to add the trailing slash to my /etc/rc. Please update it in future
tarballs. Esentially, my whole error was a syntax on how fsck was invoked.
I invoked it correctly anytime I did it by hand, so I didn't know why it
was messing up.

On another note, I have question regarding ps. When I invoke it, it shows
every process as using 0.0% CPU and all but 1 as using 0.0% mem with that
one using 0.3% mem.

TIA,
Mike

Bikers don't *DO* taglines.