Subject: Re: error while compiling kernel
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.macbsd.com>
From: Armen Babikyan <armenb@moof.ai.mit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/31/1997 16:03:07
At 2:50 PM -0400 8/31/97, Allen Briggs wrote:
>> >cc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 6
>> >*** Error code 1
>> >
>> >the program barfed on the file /usr/src/sys/kern/kern_synch.c
>
>Aren't you using the stock gcc?  Which snapshot?

stock gcc 2.7.2 yep
i don't know what a snapshot is. i'm using the NetBSD/mac68k 1.2 tarballs,
if that's what you mean.

>It should be working OK, and does on other systems.  As far as I know,
>you're the only one having this problem.
>
>How much memory do you have?  How much swap space?  Have you changed any
>of the default memory/cpu-time limits?

20MB RAM, 32MB swapspace. unlimited cputime and memory.

>Have you tried compiling with different options to see if it's a
>particular option?  It sounds like you're running into either a
>system limitation or a bug in gcc.  "fatal signal 6" is SIGABRT,
>usually cause by a function call to abort() (either directly or
>as a result of calling "assert()".

i just tossed KTRACE. something with a K in it, anyway :-)
i hope it works.
how long do compiles usually last? that previous compile was done during
the nighttime, so i have no time figure. does it take 45 minutes? 2 hours?

thanks a lot,

  - a

 Armen Babikyan - armenb@moof.ai.mit.edu
    ----<insert lame quote here>----