Subject: Re: error while compiling kernel
To: Armen Babikyan <armenb@moof.ai.mit.edu>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.macbsd.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/31/1997 14:50:36
> >cc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 6
> >*** Error code 1
> >
> >the program barfed on the file /usr/src/sys/kern/kern_synch.c

Aren't you using the stock gcc?  Which snapshot?
It should be working OK, and does on other systems.  As far as I know,
you're the only one having this problem.

How much memory do you have?  How much swap space?  Have you changed any
of the default memory/cpu-time limits?

Have you tried compiling with different options to see if it's a
particular option?  It sounds like you're running into either a
system limitation or a bug in gcc.  "fatal signal 6" is SIGABRT,
usually cause by a function call to abort() (either directly or
as a result of calling "assert()".

-allen

--
              Allen Briggs - end killing - briggs@macbsd.com