Subject: Trouble Booting on MacII
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Craig L. Fullerton <craigf@pop.goodnet.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/30/1997 17:20:26
Hi,
   I followed the installation notes for NetBSD/mac68k 1.2.1 and was unable
to boot on MacII.  When I double clicked on the NetBSD/mac68k booter icon
to start the application I recieved the following error message...
   "Error on SCSISelect(), #2 SCSI ID=2

1) I used FETCH to download binaries from ftp.netbsd.org using my QUADRA 700
2) I reformatted my MacII using Disk Manager Mac Version 2.41
3) I partioned 50M for MacOS, 16M for SWAP, and rest for Root % User (210M
total => 146M)
4) I installed System 7.5 using my NEC CD_ROM
5) I transfered the NetBSD binaries to my MacII using fileshareing
6) I extracted the MacOS tools
7) I ran the Mkfs application to build a filesystem on Root & User
8) I ran Install Utility to install all the binaries I downloaded
(base121, netbsd, etc121,man121,text121, and comp121)
9) I ran the "Build Devices" optionin the Install Utility application
10) I tried booting and received the error.

Any help would be appreciated...
(:>) Craig Fullerton