Subject: Re: ncrscsi + sbc
To: Michael G. Schabert <mikeride@prez.buf.servtech.com>
From: Jonathan Lennox <lennox@cs.columbia.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/30/1997 20:07:33
On Sat, August 30 1997, "Michael G. Schabert" wrote to "port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG" saying:

> Well, besides the docking Duo's, the top-end Macs have always come with a
> 2-bus system. In the 68k world, this translates to the Quadra 950. The
> internal and the external busses are 2 entirely separate systems, with up
> to 7 nodes each. Can we have NetBSD use both an internal and an external
> hard drive, or as this never come up? Granted this is a Quadra, so we
> wouldn't have the need to use 2 different drivers, but I dunno if the
> existense of 2 busses poses an inherent problem.

An early version of the esp driver managed to sucessfully recognize drives
on both busses on my 950.  (The fact that I couldn't get the ADB or Serial
IOP controllers working meant I didn't actually end up installing anything,
though.)

But yeah, it works.  esp0 and esp1 show up nicely.

--
Jonathan Lennox
lennox@cs.columbia.edu