Subject: Re: ncrscsi + sbc
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael G. Schabert <mikeride@prez.buf.servtech.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/30/1997 01:15:02

and Colin Wrote:
>I don't think that the SCSI controllers on the docks are any different
>than whatever is on the motherboard.  Or does the dock use the mother
>board controller???

Well, besides the docking Duo's, the top-end Macs have always come with a
2-bus system. In the 68k world, this translates to the Quadra 950. The
internal and the external busses are 2 entirely separate systems, with up
to 7 nodes each. Can we have NetBSD use both an internal and an external
hard drive, or as this never come up? Granted this is a Quadra, so we
wouldn't have the need to use 2 different drivers, but I dunno if the
existense of 2 busses poses an inherent problem.

Just curious,
Mike

Bikers don't *DO* taglines.