Subject: Re: ncrscsi + sbc
To: Michael G. Schabert <mikeride@prez.buf.servtech.com>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/29/1997 22:29:02
Michael G. Schabert wrote:

[discussion of Macs with multiple SCSI busses snipped]

> Well, besides the docking Duo's, the top-end Macs have always come with a
> 2-bus system. In the 68k world, this translates to the Quadra 950. The
> internal and the external busses are 2 entirely separate systems, with up
> to 7 nodes each. Can we have NetBSD use both an internal and an external
> hard drive, or as this never come up? Granted this is a Quadra, so we
> wouldn't have the need to use 2 different drivers, but I dunno if the
> existense of 2 busses poses an inherent problem.

NetBSD/mac68k doesn't currently support having 2 SCSI busses to the best
of my knowledge (of course, NetBSD/mac68k doesn't support the Q950 or
any of the Duo docks, so this point is somewhat moot).  At one point, I do
seem to remember someone talking about working on it, tho.  Allen?

Later.