Subject: Re: Mac IIsi problems
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.macbsd.com>
From: SamMaEl <rimsky@teleport.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/29/1997 16:08:58
On Fri, 29 Aug 1997, Allen Briggs wrote:

> > 	Virtual Memory is off, and I don't have RAM doubler ;-)
>
> Umm...  Just curious, but on MacOS 8 and MacOS 7.1, at least, the swap
> configuration is useless and disabled if VM is turned off.
> Do you have the Apple 32-bit System Enabler?  If so, remove it--it
> shouldn't be needed on a IIsi, but I don't know if it's shipped and
> active at all...
> Have you tried booting with extensions off and dbl-checking the memory
> and video settings before booting?
>
> Hmm...  With a IIsi not using internal video, there might be a problem
> because of how the memory is mapped differently.  With internal video
> enabled, the part of bank A not used for the display is mapped to
> follow bank B and bank B is mapped to 0x0.  With internal video disabled,
> bank A is at 0x0 and bank B is mapped to follow bank A (at 1MB).  The
> IIci is the same, but most people have more than 1MB in bank A of their
> IIci so it's not a problem.
>
> Can you try using the internal video, if you're not using it?
>
> -allen
>
> --
>               Allen Briggs - end killing - briggs@macbsd.com

	Well, I tried using internal video... or at least I think I did
;-) Should I need to do anything more than plug the monitor cable into the
video port? Any sort of configuration need to be done? I've never used
internal video before ;-) always used my video cards.

	Ryan

-----
My name is rewt... you have SIGKILLed my father... prepare to vi!