Subject: Re: Mac IIsi problems
To: None <rimsky@teleport.com>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/29/1997 14:17:44

> 	Well, the memory control panel doesn't show a setting for 32 bit
> mode. That is what puzzles me. I'm running 7.6.1... I just installed the
> drive last night, and installed 7.6.1 on it after I made the A/UX
> partitions. Might it be that and a combination of swap space? I allocated
> about 24 megs of swap.... I have the max of 17MB RAM...

Hmmm. If you have 17 MB of usable MacOS space ( the OS isn't taking up
like 9 MB of ram), then you have to have 32-bit addressing. W/ just
24-bit addressing, the max RAM in a IIsi is 10 MB (even if you have 65
MB installed!).

Maybe 7.6 only supports 32-bit addressing; you can't turn it off.

You do have VM off, and no Ram Doubler, correct?

Take care,

Bill