Subject: Re: Mac IIsi problems
To: SamMaEl <rimsky@teleport.com>
From: Armen Babikyan <armenb@moof.ai.mit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/29/1997 11:20:46
At 7:38 AM -0700 8/29/97, SamMaEl wrote:
>	I just tried installing the 1.2.1 distribution onto my Mac IIsi. I
>installed it on my IIci months ago and have been running it with no
>problems. I just tried booting into BSD on the IIsi and got the error:
>
>	You're hosed! Try booting with the 32-bit addressing enabled in
>the memory control panel.
>	Panic: Cannot work with current memory mappings.
>
>	It gives the videoaddr as: 0x9000480
>	Says: Failure in BSD Boot nextpa = 0x105000, high[0]=0xf9000480
>
>	I would try playing with the debugging... but the keyboard does
>not respond ;-)
>
>	Any help would be much appreciated. I am about to try getting
>Mode32, but I have a feeling that won't work....
>
>	- RYan

i thought only the II's (and either the IIx or IIcx) were not 32-bit clean.
maybe i was wrong.

yes, go get Mode32 and use that. as far as i know, it does the job for macs
that aren't 32-bit clean.

just check the memory control panel for the 32-bit option again. do this
before attempting to install Mode32.

  - a

 Armen Babikyan - armenb@moof.ai.mit.edu
    ----<insert lame quote here>----