Subject: GENERICSBC kernel where?
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ivan Curtis <icurtis@radlogic.com.au>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/28/1997 10:36:57
Installed 121 on my se/30 last night. The installation seemed to go
smoothly and the system booted OK.

Had a look around, edited the hostname file, in general everything
looked OK.

I did a shutdown, rebooted, and got reports of massive file system
damage. The message said to run fsck manually. Well, I did that, and
there was quite a bit of damage, including to some device files.

Went back to multi user mode, and a message from the getty says my
console tty device has disappered. I do remember it was one of the
device files which was corrupted.

SO..., this sounds like a job for the GENERICSBC kernel I have heard
mention of in this list. The FAQ says to get a kernel from
ftp.netbsd.org. Of course that just disappeared off the face of the
planet.

Anyone out there have a GENRICSBC kernel which works with a Quantum
disk on an se/30?

Thanks
Ivan

icurtis@radlogic.com.au                                 ph: 61 8 8373-3990
Adelaide, South AUSTRALIA                               fx: 61 8 8373-3251