Subject: Re: ircii problems
To: Josh Hope <otaku@redneck.hick.com>
From: tcjam <tcjam@voicenet.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/27/1997 16:09:11
I have been dabbling in C recently and while working on a project I tried
to use this line in my code and I got the same exact warning.
'strcpy(length2, strlen(cbuff));'  Now I don't know much about C or why
exactly gcc is puking at this instruction but I'ld look for 'strlen' in
the source 'dcc.c'. If anyone can tell me how I could solve this I'm sure
two people would be a little happier :)

BTW, what version of NetBSD are you running Josh?

Bye.

P.S. It might interest someone that Josh and I are using the same kernel.
(GENERICSBC-26)

On Tue, 26 Aug 1997, Josh Hope wrote:

> I got NetBSD to finally boot, by totally re-initializing the drives...it
> must've been some kinda disk corruption...
>
> Anyways, while trying to compile ircii2.9alpha6 (something I've gotten to
> compile on this machine at least 4-5 times, it worked flawlessly every
> single time), I get the following error:
>
> gcc -g -O2 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -I../include -c dcc.c
> dcc.c: In function `dcc_raw_connect':
> dcc.c:583: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
> dcc.c:590: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
> dcc.c: In function `dcc_talk':
> dcc.c:664: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
> dcc.c:670: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
> dcc.c: In function `dcc_summon':
> dcc.c:750: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
> dcc.c:756: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
> dcc.c: In function `process_incoming_listen':
> dcc.c:1232: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
> dcc.c:1233: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop.
>
> Now, before this happened, I was getting an error saying the compiler
> couldn't find /usr/lib/machine/intr.h (not quite sure on the path), so I
> went to nebsd.org and found intr.h and stuck it in there.
>
> The only reason why I'm posting this is because it just "stopped" working
> now :) I'm using the base and comp packages from the June 1st build from
> netbsd.org. Anything newer is way too out of sync with my kernel (I
> think). It has that new swapctl stuff in it, doesn't it?
>
> BTW, my kernel's a GENERICSBC #26...anything newer has that freeze at
> "sbc0 at obio0: options=1<PDMA>" line
>
> I'd appreciate any help in getting ircii to compile...thanks!
>
> Josh

                                 \||||/
                                  o  o
|| "Please explain to me the scientific          |  tcjam@voicenet.com ||
||   nature of the whammy." -Scully              ______________________||
|| "Foolproof systems don't take into account,                         ||
||  the ingenuity of fools" -Unknown 			               ||
||   PGP key can be obtained from:                                     ||
||      http://www.voicenet.com/~tcjam/home/keys.html                  ||