Subject: ircii problems
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Josh Hope <otaku@redneck.hick.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/26/1997 18:12:14
I got NetBSD to finally boot, by totally re-initializing the drives...it
must've been some kinda disk corruption...

Anyways, while trying to compile ircii2.9alpha6 (something I've gotten to
compile on this machine at least 4-5 times, it worked flawlessly every
single time), I get the following error:

gcc -g -O2 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -I../include -c dcc.c
dcc.c: In function `dcc_raw_connect':
dcc.c:583: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
dcc.c:590: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
dcc.c: In function `dcc_talk':
dcc.c:664: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
dcc.c:670: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
dcc.c: In function `dcc_summon':
dcc.c:750: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
dcc.c:756: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
dcc.c: In function `process_incoming_listen':
dcc.c:1232: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
dcc.c:1233: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.

Now, before this happened, I was getting an error saying the compiler
couldn't find /usr/lib/machine/intr.h (not quite sure on the path), so I
went to nebsd.org and found intr.h and stuck it in there.

The only reason why I'm posting this is because it just "stopped" working
now :) I'm using the base and comp packages from the June 1st build from
netbsd.org. Anything newer is way too out of sync with my kernel (I
think). It has that new swapctl stuff in it, doesn't it?

BTW, my kernel's a GENERICSBC #26...anything newer has that freeze at
"sbc0 at obio0: options=1<PDMA>" line

I'd appreciate any help in getting ircii to compile...thanks!

Josh