Subject: LC/Performa 475 boots (serial console)
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Johan Claesson <Johan.Claesson@uab.ericsson.se>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/26/1997 10:34:01
Hi folks!

I can proudly announce that the LC/Performa 475 boots (using serial
console).
The kernel I use is John Wittkoski's HWDIRECT.356.
John: The ADB (Cuda) part seems to work ok for this machine according to
the dmesg! Though I haven't really verified this because the lack of
Internal video.

I have tried to boot this kernel for a few days now, but without any
succes.

This is my equipment:

Macintosh Performa 475
20 MB RAM
Full 68040 (Modified to run att 33 MHz)
Extended keyboard (The old god one!)
Desktop Bus Mouse II (The new god one!)

Since I have modified the motherboard, the problem was that the booter
couldn't recognize what kind of Mac model to use while booting.
So to go round this issue I downloaded the Booter sources (vers. 1.10.0)
and hard coded the MACHID to 89. The gestalt function otherwise would
coolect the MACHID 90. First I tried to boot this without the serial
console, and was so dissipointed of my (Brand) new Booter.
So I thougt "let give this serial console thing" a try.
SUCCESS!

So if there are some other people out there with a "Super" 475. You may
want to use this Booter. It will be uploaded to my site
http://www.elfi.adbkons.se/~rat tomorrow.

Many thanks to: John Wittkoski (HWDIRECT.356), Bob Nestor (tip about the
gestalt issue) and to all the other hard working people!

I must say there is a really speed boost compared to my Mac IIcx.

My next wish is to get the internal video to work. Maybe I can hard code
this part to ;-)

Regards Johan Claesson

-- =

Johan Claesson =

=C4S/UAB/Z/IKA =B7 Ericsson AXE Research and Development
System Administration & Support
Phone: +46 (0)8 727 3095, ECN 851 3095