Subject: Re: Networking...
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.macbsd.com>
From: Scott Smith <smelly@spy.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/25/1997 20:56:19
On Mon, 25 Aug 1997, Allen Briggs wrote:

> This sounds like a problem with having a video card where we don't know
> how to disable or clear the video blank interrupt (or some other nubus
> card that is generating interrupts that we can't clear).
>
> > My video card is a RasterOps ClearVue/GS, according to dmesg.
>
> This, for example, is one that we don't know anything about...  ;-)
>
> If you take a look at http://www.macbsd.com/macbsd/howto/video.html,
> you will see how to gather the information that we need to properly
> clear your video interrupts (depending on the card, it might be
> relatively easy).

	I looked at it, and before downloading MacsBug and doing all the
stuff described, I tried checking the bootlog and kernel dmesg for the card ID
(as per page three of the instructions, when printed out.) and here's what I
get:

bootlog:
	Stripping video addr 0xfbb00000 'cause pmVersion = 0, not 4.

dmesg:
	no internal video int(errupt? I forget) add. 0 -- videoaddr is
	0xfbb00000.

> Umm...  I've never used addresses in that range, but it looks to me like
> the broadcast and netmask parameters don't match.  I'd expect
>
> 	IP: 10.1.1.5, netmask: 255.0.0.0, broadcast: 10.255.255.255
>
> for a class A network or
>
> 	IP: 10.1.1.5, netmask: 255.255.255.0, broadcast: 10.1.1.255

Your're right.  That's what I get for playing with class C's for too long.  :)

Thanks,
Scott

--
Scott Smith -                           |
Taos Mountain TS, all around UNIX geek  | Windows NT(tm) -- The real

M-@ !V-- PS()@? !PE !Y+ PGP+@ !t- !5 X@ !R- tv-@ b@> DI+>+$ !D--- G>$ !e