Subject: Re: LCIII question?
To: York P. Block <yblock@ibm.net>
From: Jens Thordarson <ktz@mmedia.is>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/25/1997 22:56:48
At 25.8.1997, York P. Block wrote...

>I installed netBSD on my LCIII and I am having a problem when I try to boot
>in multi-user. It starts ok until it hit "starting networking" and then
>hangs. I have a MacCon LCIII and I am using GENERIC-36 kernel.

I used an LCIII with almost the very same configuration for a few months...
the key is, use GEnERICSBC-26.
It works fine with me, every other kernel seemss to crash VERY frequently,
then I mean, if it comes up, I can use it for a few seconds an then
everything goes down, but that is IF i can boot up, which happens a very
few times. But after i got genericsbc-26 (ADBTEST 160 works fine, also) i
haven't experienced any problems at all...

Jens