Subject: Re: Let's try this again (Quadra SCSI test kernel)
To: Erik Bertelsen <erik@sockdev.uni-c.dk>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.macbsd.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/24/1997 17:19:12
> I'm writing this in an xterm running on the Quadra connected
> to my mail host using a PPP link. I think that Allen wrote
> about a problem with his patch and serial communication, but
> its still running for me.

Cool.  I was having problems with one of my drives.  The current
(today's) patch doesn't exhibit those problems.

> I had the byte benchmark recently mentioned on this list laying
> around, and I tried it on an unpatched kernel and one with
> Allens patches.

Hmmm...  Those rely on timing.  I don't recall exactly, but I though
that with the old esp driver, the clocks would lose time.  The patched
esp driver does not lose time (I guess 'cause it's quicker).  At least,
I measure it to be quicker with dd (dbl-checking wall time with reported
time ;-).

-allen

--
              Allen Briggs - end killing - briggs@macbsd.com