Subject: Re: ite
To: xiamin <root@ne.mediaone.net>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.macbsd.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/24/1997 13:20:00
> The line about nubus failing to map slot 9 I know about, I think that
> slot is broken.

Actually, the "problem" is that DAFB is in the space for slot 9 and the
video driver has already allocated addresses within that segment so
nubus.c is not able to allocate the bus space routines.  The Quadra 700
does not have a slot 9, just slots D and E, E is shared with the PDS.

> The ite at grf0 not configured worries me.

That looks odd to me, too.  I'm seeing the same thing, even though I'm
not using the internal video, I've got:

macvid0 at nubus0 slot d: Mac II WorkStation Video Card
macvid0: 1152 x 870, monochrome
grf0 at macvid0
ite at grf0 not configured
ae0 at nubus0 slot e: address 02:60:8c:88:25:35, type EtherNet card 16KB memory

Have you tried my quadra test kernel?  I'd like to have people test it
more before it goes into the tree.  If you haven't, please try the one
that I just uploaded (separate announcement will follow shortly):

	ftp://ftp.macbsd.com/pub/outgoing/briggs/netbsd-970824.gz

This won't fix the grf/ite snag, but it will (hopefully) give you faster
disk accesses.

-allen

--
              Allen Briggs - end killing - briggs@macbsd.com