Subject: Re: 7.6.1
To: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
From: Josh Hope <otaku@hick.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/24/1997 04:52:41
>Of course.  Could you imagine how long it would take to boot System 7.6.1
>on a IIsi?  Even with an accelerator on my IIci, it takes at least 5
>minutes to boot 7.5.5.  Yuck!  If I'm going to be running NetBSD, I use
>7.1.  It boots in 30 seconds to a minute, depending on whether or not I
>last booted from the MacOS (rebooting or booting after running NetBSD
>seems to mangle a few things just enough to noticeably slow the boot
>process).

Colin,

For some reason, after removing everything from my system file, all my
fonts, all extensions, 7.6.1 boots extremely quickly on my Performa 600.
It's only 32MHz, and the thing boots up in under a minute (unless, as you
pointed out, I boot after running NetBSD...there is a noticeable slow
down)...

Just FYI :)

Josh