Subject: Re: Crash on reboot, -current kernel.
To: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/23/1997 10:25:07
On 8/21/97 at 10:54 AM -0700, you wrote:

> Scott has suggested that something about the size of the kernel might be
> tickling some variable somewhere, and that if you cut out all the
> unnecessary devices in your kernel config file, you just might change the
> kernel size enough to alleviate the difficulties.

Hm... Oddly, the kernel is already stripped about as bare as is possible.
I've cut out pretty much everything I couldn't directly use right now.

> I assume that the -current GENERIC kernels do not exhibit the same behavior?

I built a GENERICSBC kernel from the same source as my customized kernel,
and it rebooted without crashing.

--
        Mason Loring Bliss    /\    mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us
      PGPKeyID: 0x25B3D5B5   /()\   awake ? sleep() : dream();