Subject: Re: Update on my situation
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Josh Hope <otaku@hick.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/23/1997 00:28:31
>>I went through a lot today trying to get my system up and running...
>
>Oh man, I am so sorry for posting this. hehehe...I feel kinda out of it
>lately...
>
>Anyways, I downloaded the new base package from Steve's site, but it
>wasn't complete (installer said it received EOF)...probably because Steve
>was in the process of uploading it when I started downloading (hehehhe...)
>
>Anyways, I also used the last base package known to work with my #26
>kernel (the current from June 1st). But, when I booted, it'd give errors
>of bad arguments of swapctl. When using the newest base package, I noticed
>that swapctl was what was giving bad system calls, and it was also core
>dumping...
>
>Anyways, I took that as a msg to get the etc that matched the base set ;)
>So, I went through and installed the etc files, but the system still won't
>boot. When it gets to where it should display login in multiuser, it just
>freezes. It doesn't give any errors at all...
>
>I've tried rebuilding devices and almost everything else I could think of,
>it always stops right before it should be displaying login...
>
>Any help would be appreciated, again :)
>
>Josh

I neglected to mention that upgrading to the etc that matched my base
package got rid of all swapctl errors.

Also, usually when I start up I boot in single user first, mount all the
file systems, and run the ppp-start script that comes with the PPP DOD
package. This way, as my netstart file goes through, it connects me (when
configuring hosts at a certain point in the boot). But, this has all of a
sudden stopped working. It configures my hosts, but it won't connect...

Is this some strange problem with my ttys?

I've re-built devices, so this shouldn't be happening :/

Well, again...thanks for the help and for putting up with my multiple
posts...

Josh