Subject: Re: IIfx question
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.macbsd.com>
From: None <wb2oyc@bellatlantic.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/20/1997 20:39:24
On 04:29:48 Allen Briggs wrote:
>(sketchy) on the IIfx--nothing to really help me get past the
>chimes o' death.

Hi Allen,
   Where'd you get the memory?  The IIfx is touchy about that as are
many of the Mac's.  If you have memory in both banks, pull out whats
in 'B' and try it with only the memory in 'A'.  Might not be that though
'cause that'll usually cause the chimes almost immediately.  For one,
AST used to make some 64 pin SIMMS that'll go right in it, but they
will not work in a IIfx (I know, I have a bunch of them :)  I don't know
whats special or different about them, but they will not work.

Paul