Subject: Re: fsck problem
To: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
From: Edward Seth Miller <esmiller@engin.umich.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/20/1997 18:34:57
On Wed, 20 Aug 1997, Colin Wood wrote:

> Edward Seth Miller wrote:

> > > [/etc/fstab]

> > > Actually it's fsck -p, when it should be fsck -p /
> >
> > Okay...  Where can I find that, so that I can change it?  (This is
> > starting to annoy me...
>
> It should be near the top of /etc/rc, but like Scott said, you should
> probably upgrade your /etc directory to -current.  If you're going to do
> this, be sure to untar it in some place non-destructive like /tmp.  Then
> you can merge in any changes you've made before moving the files into the
> /etc directory.

Great.  Found it.  Thanks, all.  Now, does anybody have any idea why my
ethernet has stopped working?
	I copied hosts, hostname.ae0, myname, mygate, resolv.conf, and
defaultdomain, but for whatever reason, my tcp/ip can't see anything
else.  My machine doesn't even respond to pings.  Under MacOS, OTOH, it
works fine.  I'm a bit confused...

	-Seth Miller