Subject: Re: The Outcome of My Last Few Posts
To: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
From: Josh Hope <otaku@hick.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/19/1997 20:07:15
>Are you binaries and kernel in sync?  You shouldn't get this message if
>they are...

Nope, they aren't. I can't get them in sync, since any kernel from 27-36
won't boot on my machine at all. The boot freezes at the line "sbc0 at
obio0: options=1<PDMA>" or some such error...

>> I just ran mkfs on the Mac side on both my partitions (a 140MB /usr
>> partition on my internal drive, and a 100MB / partition on my EZ drive),
>> then re-installed all the NetBSD binaries and my trusty GENERICSBC #26
>> kernel...
>
>I assume that this ended the "bad system call" troubles?

Nope, I still get that one "bad system call" error right after leaving
single user (as I explained in my original post)...

>> Now, earlier today, I did install the base.tar.gz package from Steve's
>> binaries. After installing this, I got the thing where telnetting into my
>> system caused the connection to be immediately closed...
>
>Hmmmm....did you install a new kernel as well?  It might be that this is
>caused by a similar problem...

No, I've been using the same GENERICSBC #26 kernel since the last time I
installed NetBSD (which was about 4-5 months ago, I took about a 6 month
break...last summer I was fooling with NetBSD)...

>What kind of Mac is this again?  If it's supported by 1.2.1, you might
>consider going back to that for the few months before 1.3 is available...

It's a Performa 600...and it is supported by 1.2.1.

Thanks a lot Colin...

Josh