Subject: new drive.
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Armen Babikyan <armenb@moof.ai.mit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/18/1997 19:14:11
okay.
i went out and bought myself a nice quantum lightning 730 for my Powermac
so i can sacrifice my quantum 270 for my NetBSD system. :-)
(no, seriously, i needed the space on my Mac)
i have a NetBSD/mac68k system already on my IIvx, with an identical quantum
270MB drive mounted as /.
anyway, i figured i'd initialize the drive and everything and ran across no
problems. i was told to partition after formatting. i had the options of
A/UX 2.0 root, user1, user2, and user3. i figured since this was not going
to be the root partition, and there were no other NetBSD mounted disks, i'd
partitions using user1.
I did that. and then anubis told me that i should use A/UX to format the
partition.
well, how exactly do i do that?
i want to mount this drive as /users, since it's getting exceissively
large. i realize that i may temporarily want to change /users to /users2 or
soemthing then mv /users2/* /users/ .
how do i format this partition?
are there any other utilities i should use to format this drive? it's a
quantum drive but i don't know where to get the hacked HD SC Setup that
lets you use non-apple drives.
caveats and other info are certainly welcome. either before or after i've
screwed up. :-)
thanks a lot,
  - a

 Armen Babikyan - armenb@moof.ai.mit.edu