Subject: Re: sh
To: Josh Hope <otaku@redneck.hick.com>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/17/1997 20:01:41
Josh Hope wrote:

> The sh in the -current is sorta screwed up...
>
> When compiling perl, I got the following error:
>
> otaku# make
> `sh  cflags libperl.a miniperlmain.o`  miniperlmain.c
> Segmentation fault - core dumped
> eval: 1: Syntax error: Bad substitution
> voidflags=15: not found
> *** Error code 127
>
> But, I got an older version of sh, and it works perfectly...
>
> I believe I am using the most -current compiled binaries :)
>
> Just want to report this...

Are you using the binaries on ftp.netbsd.org?  If so, a fix was committed
about 2 weeks after those binaries were compiled ;-)  If you want, you can
download a copy of Steve Allen's base archive off of puma
(ftp.macbsd.com).  It should have a working shell (at least it works for
me).

I hope this helps.

Later.