Subject: lesstif configure-help!
To: None <lesstif@hungry.com>
From: brian wildasinn <bwildasi@csulb.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/14/1997 14:16:10
Hi!
I'm still trying to configure lesstif-0.79 on a netbsd system which the
INSTALL file says is supported, but configure stops
> with:
> ./configure --with-shared
> checking Xt Revision Number 6 ... no
> checking Xt Revision Number 5 ... no
> configure: error: you must have X11 Revision 5 or higher to compile
> Lesstif.

I still get stuck at this compiler note. I'm using gcc 2.7.2.2 on
netbsd/mac68k.
How exactly does lesstif configure check to see what version of
X-Windows is installed?

[snip & paste]
On Wed, 13 Aug 1997 08:35:37 +0200 Danny Backx <u27113@kb.be> wrote:

> If configure doesn't find X, then I guess either you didn't install it
> with netbsd, or configure can't find it.
>
> If you find stuff like /usr/X11R6/include/X11/X11.h and /usr/X11R6/lib/libXt.*
> then you could kick off configure with the right paths by saying :
>
> configure --x-includes=/usr/X11R6/include --x-libraries=/usr/X11R6/lib
>
> If that doesn't work, then maybe something is buggy.

I tried to do this also, but the same message above appears. I mentioned
to the port-mac68k/netbsd.org posting list that lesstif checks the
include directory of XWindows to see what version is installed,
mentioning to them that the X11R6.1 has a X10.h in its include
directory. Colin Wood mentioned that X10.h was just a compatablility
file for older versions of XWindows, and that maybe lesstif was looking
in the wrong directory.

I really don't know what happening with configure, but there is no X11.h
in this machine's /usr/X11R6/include/X11/ directory, or the X11R6
binaries at netbsd.org; There is an Xt library at
/usr/X11R6/lib/libXt.so.6.o.

Any help is appreciated!

Sincerely...brian wildasinn