Subject: RE: Hardware Harddisk Question
To: port-mac68k@netbsd.org <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Nathaniel R. Fellows <nat@stonebreaker.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/13/1997 13:47:01
It should be fine in there. It will heat up quite a bit, and that's =
normal. You can get internal HD fans from companies like APS - they fit =
onto the side of the drive, I think.

Nat=20
---
Sorry for the HW question, but does anyone have any idea whether the
Seagate 2-gig Barracuda (an ex-Conner drive I got at Fry's) is too hot =
for
the Centris 650 case? Is there enough air flow?

I had no idea these things got so hot! I couldn't pick up the bare drive
because of the heat. I figure if I fry the thing, you'll all have to =
help
with with failing disk & NetBSD questions.