Subject: Re: This is my ethernet card.
To: Dinsdale Piranha <dinsdale@vegas.infi.net>
From: Mark Andres <mark@ratbert.aisol.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/13/1997 13:45:12
Hi,

I can speak from experience.  I have a IIcx with an Apple video card and
an Asante MacCon Nubus ethernet card.  For me, adding the ethernet card
was plug and play.  When you boot up, you should see a message saything
that the kernel recognizes your card.  Here is a snippet from mine:

nubus0 at mainbus0
ae0 at nubus0: address 00:00:94:61:3d:e5, type MacCon Ethernet, 32k mem.
macvid0 at nubus0: Toby frame buffer card

I use the IIcx as a web server (http://bullwinkle.aisol.net) and other
things.  I have been running 1.2 with the Asante card for months but
coincidentally, I am upgrading to 1.2.1 today.

Mark

On Tue, 12 Aug 1997, Dinsdale Piranha wrote:

> Okay, real quick:  yes, this is in the FAQ, but before I shell out $100 on
> this ethernet card, I just want to make sure.
>
> I have a IIcx.  Inside it is an Apple 8-bit video card (not an 8*24).  There
> are no other NuBus cards, leaving two slots available.  I plan to purchase
> an Asante MacCon, the one that's NuBus and works with a IIcx.  I also plan
> to continue running NetBSD 1.2 release version GENERIC.  According to what I
> can gather from www.macbsd.com, I *shouldn't* have any problems.  Can anyone
> speak from personal experience on this, with 1.2 release on a IIcx with the
> Asante adapter and an Apple video card?  :)
>
> Thanks for your time and advice.

Mark Andres                  E-mail: mark@ratbert.aisol.net
          Running NetBSD, 100% Microsoft Free!
Me: /www2.giganet.net/~mark/ NetBSD: /bullwinkle.aisol.net/